What Happens if You’re Injured at Work?

If you were recently injured at work, you may be worried about what happens next. You are not alone. Work accidents occur more than you may think and what you qualify for is called “workers’ compensation.”

This means that your employer will contact workers’ compensation on your behalf and initiate a claim for you. Workers’ compensation shall take care of your medical bills and wages if your doctors take you off of work. If you were injured on the job, the first thing you should do is report this to your employer.

Next Steps:

1. Report an accident or injury to your supervisor immediately.

2. Ask that a Notice of Injury / Form 1 be filed with the Industrial Commission.

3. If you need medical attention, seek treatment with a doctor as soon as possible. (Tell the medical provider how the work accident occurred and what
part/parts of the body hurt.)

4. Follow your doctor’s treatment recommends, and, communicate those recommendations with your employer.

5. Do not sign any documents without the advice of an attorney.

6. If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, or if your treatment and benefits are delayed, you should seek legal advice.

7. If your injuries keep you from returning to work, contact an attorney.

We believe that this checklist will help you. If you have questions, please reach out to us. It is important to follow the above steps so that your claim is not denied.

Goicoechea Law Offices, Chtd.

Goicoechea Law Offices, Chtd. is known for being the champion of the injured in Boise/Nampa/Twin Falls and surrounding areas. Any injury that occurs while you are performing a task for your employer, no matter where the task may be, qualifies as a workers’ compensation claim. Ask us how we can help you with your claim. If you are in need of legal assistance,
give us a call today. We offer a free consultation.